If I keep making decisions the same way, I will continue to have the same results. Do I like my results? If the answer is "NO", I need to figure out how to make better decisions.
1. What do I really want? (Not just in this moment but long term)
2. What are the cold hard facts? (Not my assumptions but what is really true)
3. Do I have enough information to make the decision or do I need more information? (Sometimes a deadline is forcing me to choose from a bunch of not very good options. What would happen if I extended the deadline in order to get more information?)
4. From whom can I get the best information?
5. What question would a really good decision maker ask me about this issue? (This sometimes helps me get out of my cluttered head and into a more creative state.)
6. If a friend were in this situation, what would I tell them to do? (Often, I'm being blocked by the additional work required to do what I know I really need to do.)
These are the questions I am asking myself this week to make better decisions in order to get better results. Do you have any questions that help you make better decisions?